Sunday, September 8, 2013

Social Media: Personal vs. Business Use

It's hard to say which social media platforms are better for personal use or for business use. I think sites like Facebook and Twitter are great for businesses because they allow you to interact with your clients easily and deliver information quickly and efficiently. Also, email marketing is a good way to give customers information in a more direct way, whereas with Facebook and Twitter, the customer may or may not see your post in their feed.

Tumblr and Instagram are better for personal use because each post typically pertains to one's life experiences and thoughts. Also, LinkedIn, although used for business purposes, is for personal use because people use it to grow professionally within their career.

I think it all depends on what type of business you have and if you are offering a product or service because some social media websites will be more beneficial depending on what you provide for the customer.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amy, I agree with what you said about social media for business vs personal use. It really does matter quite a bit what type of a business you are trying to promote. Also I really like the simplicity and font on the name that you chose for your blog. I will be following your posts!
    -David : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Email marketing is something I keep forgetting about and it is such a big deal. I tend to think no one will open the emails so whats the point, but I open them. I open pretty much every email that I receive from businesses that I frequent and am always checking them for a deal. It is something I am surely going to implement in the near future. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete